Family Wedding Photos
A step-by-step guide on how to get the best wedding photos
1. This will be the main opportunity for you to have photos with your family and friends so make sure not to miss anyone important.
2. At the end of the ceremony, have your MC announce to the guests that the family photos will be taking place (usually) during the pre-drinks time.
3. Create a list of the photos you want and email that list to the MC and a couple of friends who can help to gather the people for each photo. As we are taking the photos, they will bring the people on the list. This is the most time-efficient way of doing the photos. Again, it is important to be organised like this so that we don't waste precious minutes of your wedding day waiting around.
4. Guests will get excited and want to take their own photos, but have the MC keep an eye on them throughout the day to make sure they are not interfering with the photographer's duties. All the special moments happen just once so it is important that we are free to capture them so that you will be satisfied with the end result.
5. The newest smart phone or tablet may seem great now but in a few years they will all look really outdated. If you don't want them in the photos of you walking down the aisle, or at any other time for that matter, then ask your MC to tell the guests not to use them. It can be fun to have your guests take their own photos, for example when you are all dancing and enjoying yourselves. But, just make sure you are in control of when this happens as you may not want photos taken by your family to be the first ones to appear on the internet.